IBA New Academic Block
IBA New Academic block houses the state of the art classrooms, seminar rooms with breakout facilities and offices for PHD and M.sc students.Each classroom has the luxury of diffused natural light that reduces the use of artificial lighting. Central courtyard provides the much needed breathing space to the students with trees sowed on a grid providing shadow and relief. The building, being composed of 3 masses, is centrally air-conditioned with the exception of the central mass which is naturally ventilated.
- Name of Project: New Academic Block
- Name of Client: IBA
- Date: February 2010
- Size: 60,000 SFT
- Location: IBA Main Campus, Karachi University, Karachi
- Stage: Completed
- Scope: Architecture and Top Supervision of Construction
- Architect: Najmi Bilgrami Collaborative (Pvt) LTD
- MEP: S. Mehboob & Co.
- Structure: Beg Associates
- Project Manager: AAA Partnership
- Contractor: AH Construction